- Facilitates the spread of intelligent, informed business decision making, based on Sonic Healthcare values, throughout the company.
- Facilitates the appropriate dissemination of useful information between business units and other appropriate departments, groups, or individuals.
- Facilitates the extraction of definitive data from business systems, which may require coordination with other departments, to provide the foundation for business analysis.
- Assists with the development and implementation of appropriate quality assurance practices and procedures for the finance group.
- Works to continually improve the quality, services and cost/benefit of the finance group activities.
- Participates as a key team member of the finance group. Accountable and responsible for personal duties and also helps to identify and resolve issues that impede the success of the group as a whole.
- Analyzes business unit activities and trends in comparison to prior period performance, peer performance, competitor performance, goals, service standards, and best practices.
- Responsible for preparing and disseminating robust, sophisticated spreadsheet data capture/analysis tools to operating divisions
- Able to extract data from a variety of systems to obtain essential information by working closely with business unit personnel to develop data that does not already exist.
- Develops intelligent, informed business recommendations based on Sonic Healthcare values.
- Develops effective reporting tools. Prepares recurring reports to support the needs of the business.
- Works with the management team of the business unit or the head of the appropriate department to present and discuss findings of analysis.
- Performs financial analysis and participates in the due diligence review of potential acquisition opportunities. May interface directly with management or representatives of the target.
- Coordinates periodic financial forecasts.
- Participates in periodic reviews of business unit finance department operations and procedures to ensure compliance with business assurance program.
- May lead, provide project management tracking, or participate as a team member on a wide range of special projects and/or strategic initiatives.
Scope: The Financial Analyst will participate in activities that relate to all areas of the company, including corporate, subsidiaries, divisions and other business units.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Financial Planning and Analysis Manager. Interacts directly with VP of Finance, Chief Financial Officer and with corporate and business unit executive teams.