POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/ EDUCATION :
Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Biological Science Computer Science, or relevant field.
Hands-on experience with laboratory or clinical information systems, EHR systems, and/or database administration. General knowledge of Healthcare Information Technology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Clinical laboratory, hospital laboratory and/or clinical trials experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Healthcare Information Technology and trends in technology relating to software applications
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of laboratory/clinical information systems, order entry and EHR systems
- Experience with scripting and/or programming languages preferred but not required (Python, Perl, R etc.)
- Experience with Database administration and/or designing SQL queries
- Experience utilizing Crystal reports and/or other reporting applications
- Ability to perform data analysis and present findings in a concise actionable manner
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Must be a resourceful self-starter, flexible, pro-active, and solution-oriented
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION (REQUIRED/PREFERRED): None required
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS/HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS:
- Exposure to toxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents
- Exposure to dust/fumes/helicopter
- Exposure to communicable diseases
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Blood borne pathogen exposure
- Exposure to potential electrical shock
- Gaseous risk exposure
- Lifting / carrying
- Pushing / pulling
- Stooping, kneeling, bending
- Depth perception
- Hearing acuity
- Repetitive arm/hand movements
- Eye-hand-foot coordination
- Manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination)
- Finger dexterity
- Color vision
- Vision acuity - near
MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Manage stress appropriately
- Make decisions under pressure
- Manage anger / fear / hostility / violence of others
- Handle multiple priorities
- Work alone
- Work in confined and / or crowded areas
- INSIDE: Spends approximately 38 hours or more per week inside.
WORK POSITIONS (defined in 10% increments of work time):
Sitting 40 Standing 20_ Walking 40___
- SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
- LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up to 10 lbs.
- MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. Maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.